Friday, May 25, 2018

THE TEACHER IN ME: Teaching Mission, Passion and Determination



Teaching Mission, Passion and Determination




Imagine, why did you choose this path?

            With my eyes closed, I envisioned the root of the word W-H-Y? I began bringing myself to a place of stillness. Taking time. Making a space. Why did I? To tell everybody frankly, I don’t know the answer for that W-H-Y, but as for me, teaching as a calling. I didn’t say I can’t answer, why did really I? But one thing I’m really sure of, I was in to teaching because of amazing mission, passion and determination I see from the heart that’s confidently saying what it felt. Being a teacher is a life for me. It gives me courage to give it a try, why did I can’t if others can? My desire of being a teacher simply began the day I realize that I am a learner. Fresh in mind, Sixteen Years ago, that’s when I was Five (5) years old I already saw myself appreciating what teaching is. I saw myself acting as a teacher. Even if it’s uncomfortable to write this yet this is the reason why I choose this path. It started all this way. I was acting like a teacher. Tis was my class. A group of dolls and teddy bear stuffs. At that age, I don’t see myself playing outside. Instead I preferred staying home, facing my own green board (chalkboard actually) and teaching no one but my Five (5) students namely: (1) Kristelle- My very adorable doll to whom I named to my favorite name until now; (2) Melani- my awful doll; (3) Jolly- My Jollibee Stuff; (4) Aster- My aster toy; and  (5) Teddy- My fluffiest teddy bear stuff. I was all that crazy little creature. I have my own class record. I give them grades as I thought them numbers and letters and math. Even though I like Kristelle, I treat them all fair. So it really sounds like a real teaching and learning setting. It’s quite funny, but I appreciate what I did. I feel life as a teacher. Simply it begins the day I realize that I am a learner together with my stuff students. I taught myself the importance of being connected and aware of the world around. It inspired me to rediscover my love of teaching. From here I launched a class every night before going to bed. However my desire to teaching began to multiply as I realize every sort of experience had somehow made an impact on me. You might think it all sounds crazy. But for me? It’s not a secret I’d tried to hide because this is where I meant to be a teacher. This is ME- Myra Estrera / Ms. Demure Ever.

            Think of me. A student who was incredibly shy. I have limited words to say. I wouldn’t share more than one word answers. I’m afraid to respond directly to any conversations. That was during my High School. In my college, a choose teaching. Being a teacher you meant to be brave. But I’m not that brave, I just think of it -- being brave. I reflect for I more moment. I’m no like them. I don’t have this qualities and that qualities. All that I have is a belief. I believe that teaching is a mission. I dream of educating those unprivileged children without a pay. I’m not dreaming to teach into a 21st century school.  I’m just aiming to bring 21st century teaching to somewhere else, might be far away from modernity that I don’t even know where it would be. I have already shared my little experience in teaching. Wherein I become a tutor of children with different personalities and all those experiences and stories are all shared in my other article entitled: “Behind the Blog” (please read it again and comment if you like, thanks 😊 ).

            I was inspired by the question, how ready am I in teaching students of generation Z? Well, I can’t measure the readiness I have. I feel like readiness is hard to measure. What do I have is the full willingness. As the year comes closer, I look like I wanna go back to generation A, my generation. I would be a teacher. I was certain of that. In fact, I taught no one (my stuff toys) when I was a little girl. I moved on. That was my silent dream. As a student teacher, I filled up my lesson plan, keeping my job in my field study course, thesis matters, sampling on the field day long, preparing a talk, doing a broadcast, editing videos and doing this blog and other stuffs. It makes me feel being cut everywhere. What else more? I thinks that’s the advantage of being in this university—the survival of the most adaptable! Now, how ready you are? There are 26 letters of the alphabet. I feel my stomach is tied in knots. My eyes is watering and tearing in writing this blog. But, whatever lengthy is the alphabet are, my heart really wants to prepare for it. I still there. I think Generation z is of near reach. My chest is tight, breathing air in and out. I stood tall and here I saw the courage I have now to say, I’m halfway ready. But very willing to inspire the generation Z, show to poor students that anyone can succeed when they’re determined and dedicated. As of now, I’m not legendary nor inspirational, I just want to be an inspiration.

THESE ARE THE MOMENTS... when a Learner becomes a TEACHER:
THE TEACHER IN ME


THE TEACHER IN ME

Add caption
Add caption

In the community where I first met these people who's stories are unbelievable


I really love the day I went to the upper valley areas and meet this tribal people

When will it be a Generation Z?
Generation Z?


How ready are you?



THANK YOU FOR READING MY BLOGS!

"How do you let go of an impossible dream?"


DISCOVER SCIENCE & SHARE THE WISDOM


GOD BLESS!







_THE AUTHOR (Behind the blog)_

















24 comments:

  1. Wow! it creates a positive environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a reading people can share their thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very dramatic and eye-catchy! I feel what it wants me to feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Really ate? I hope you enjoy reading my blogs. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Wow.The effort I see! Very good composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping to see this girl soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're meant to be a teacher, great teacher you'll be someday as you have that charisma to inspire and bring hope to hopeless people. From the inner portion of your heart? I think it's not impossible Myra..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have noticed that you're always passionate and determined and that teaching is great if you're there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. A great comment from the great commentator. Thank you so much for reading!

      Delete
  10. Yah yah if you see it from the heart that's confidently saying what it felt- you're amazing myra!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I really appreciate your comments. Keep reading my blogs and kindly leave your comments and you'll be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are going to be a good source of inspiration for your students, Myra! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Sir! This will serve as another source of inspiration to achieve that dream to become even more possible. Thank you Sir! God Bless!

      Delete

THE TEACHER IN ME: Teaching Mission, Passion and Determination

Teaching Mission, Passion and Determination Imagine, why did you choose this path?             With my eyes closed...