Friday, May 25, 2018

BROADCASTING: Passion + Collaboration = XB’s Bounty


"BROADCASTING: Passion + Collaboration = XB’s Bounty"


            “Class you will be doing a radio broadcasting. It will be a 24 hour radio broadcast from sign on to sign off”-Sir Ricky. Basically, the statement I can’t forget from one of our college instructors, almost four months ago. Exactly! The announcement was made last January 29, 2018 – the date saved on top of my notes. Third year college. Just this semester. I’m just sitting quiet at the corner (that’s beside the one corner of the classroom) and took a glimpse down on the table of my armchair. I started to wonder cause I’m not certain if there’s a radio station broadcasting for over 24 hours (what time would be the sign on? and sign off? Because 1 day is just 24 hours) that’s why it left a question mark on me but I found the answer during the actual recording. Actually, I am slightly a pioneer radio listener, just a listener so when I heard about the radio broadcast I have a mixed feelings of delight and excitement. Delighted because I love to broadcast yet, remember? The person behind this blog is Ms. Demure Ever. I’m demure in a way that the thing I love most is not my priority—Broadcasting! Excited, because I’m curious about how it felt to be and how to get into a real radio broadcast. Whether on-air or not, experience is what I value the most.

            “BROADCASTING: Passion + Collaboration = XB’s Bounty”, this is what broadcasting really meant for me. A mixture of two most important elements in making a bountiful output—Collaboration and Passion. The team’s collaboration is seasoned with XB’s Passion. Collaboration in a sense that we have division of labor where everybody has a task equally distributed, where everybody’s willing to contribute, where everyone is glad to be a part of DXXB family. Passion a way that each member of the team is doing his/her role with creativity. So light. So smooth. That’s where our flow fits the most. Creativity I think is the passion seasoned on top of our collaboration.

            I am glad to be a part of DXXB family with our Station Manager, Sir Joey Maravillas, a close friend of mine and a pioneer broadcaster. What I really like is that his leadership. He manage the team uniquely, which leadership reigns. Uniquely because he need not to act as a leader in fact (I think he himself is a sign of a leader, what do you think?)  members of the team initiates just to do this and that. Maybe he’s passionate enough. But, I’m not that passionate, I’m just dedicated. That’s why I do individual effort in simple ways I believe I could render help. I’ve started from just switching my mind a simple plan of initiating where to broadcast, what to broadcast, how to broadcast and when to broadcast? It’s not all that easy! There were times we need to argue about the arrays of the programs, etc. but yeah forget about that. There were just three places were trying where to broadcast. Just here in MSU, at NDDU and at Brigada News FM. I together with our kuya in the group tried to canvas for the amount of rent. Fresh in mind, that was 20th of January, 2018 when I waited a reply, yet he ain’t.. So, what should I do? Where should I go? I was already at the city proper and I feel the task has been elevated. I feel that I don’t have confidence to talk without a companion. I drop myself at Kimbol Terminal so I could go home. But, I took a glimpse back. I realize, it’s not just for me but for the rest of the team. It’s my own decision to help, so will I act demure again? Not this time! I rode a tricycle and said “Manong, drop me at Bombo Radyo.” I’m indecisive at that moment but because I’ve heard before that this radio station renders relentless service to the Filipinos, so I believe we don’t need compensation in return. When I step down the vehicle, I mislaid a negative thought as I come nearer to the radio station. I’ve generally seen personnels with a happy grin. Very accommodating. I elucidate some sort of information to them which ended up gracefully. They request a formal letter to be addressed to their Station manager, Sir Jonathan Macailing. I speak it all to our responsible leader, Joey and he fixed it immediately and ask permission from our instructor. (I also included the letter below). I went back to the station again. Unfortunately, the heavy rain falls. So cold. So wet. Yet, I need not to stop so I could reach my destination on time. That moment I encountered Ma’am Edna Mendoza an newscaster and reporter with a very pleasing personality. She gave her number with a promising words to give assistance to help our team throughout the recording and editing. From that I’ve learnt that it’s not easy to record just what I’ve expected. Broadcasting has allowed all of us in the DXXB team to develop a good spirit of friendship.

            March 4, 2018 was the day of recording. From exactly 8:00am-8:00pm. That was almost 12 hours. I’m very thankful to Ma’am Edna Mendoza, because of her assistance we finished our recording in just one day. Despite of her business, she’s always at our back. In order to double check and to find our flaws, our recording was aired over the station. There were some that Ma’am Edna has instructed to record again. For me, what I really like is the learning we get out of what we did. Monday, we did listen again at our output. Again and again. Tuesday, after class we went back to the radio station for the polishing and expressing our gratitude. We attempted to give Ma’am Edna an amount how many times yet she refused. Lastly, we, the DXXB Family initiates to include the name of “Bombo Radyo” in our broadcast output to emphasize our appreciation.

            As a future educator, radio broadcasting can be used inside the classroom. It serves as an open door for the discovery of students hidden talents as well as to cater the different multiple intelligences. Indeed, it is one of the instructional materials included in the cone of experience that eventually will help me in the future run to be used in my own classroom to help the learner absorb more their lesson. After all those experiences, efforts, determination, personal expenses and up to the final step, I have learnt a very important lesson that being a broadcaster isn’t all about talking/speaking, reading the script and recording, its’s all about involving your feelings and maintaining awareness of your limitations. Here after, I found the secrets behind the broadcasters in maintaining their charismatic demeanor- a happy grin. Finally, radio broadcasting is my top unforgettable experience in my entire college life.


Here are the memories we had during the recording of our “Radio For Me” together with my DXXB 

Fam. at Bombo Radyo Gensan: 


Our Letter of Permission to Sir Jonathan Macailing

Me and my two co host for the morning show "XB-alerto"

I with my pseudo sister & co host of the Morning Show 

Me during my morning show program recording at Bombo Radyo

My Teammates taking pics while on our halfway recording at the station
At Bombo Radyo: Errah and I after the recording has been done


Lastly, we, the DXXB Team are very thankful to the accommodating personnels and broadcasters of this Radio Station:



Want to hear our voices? Just listen to our Broadcast. Kindly click the link below : link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwe0MPSVqJU

Special thanks to my DXXB teammate Jari Isobel Mangonon for uploading it earlier!
The linked Broadcast of DXXB at Youtube
                    


THANK YOU FOR READING MY BLOGS! PLEASE COMMENT BELOW! IM VERY EAGER TO READ YOUR MESSAGES. I'LL BE WAITING!

 GOD BLESS!






10 comments:

THE TEACHER IN ME: Teaching Mission, Passion and Determination

Teaching Mission, Passion and Determination Imagine, why did you choose this path?             With my eyes closed...